Te Pāti Māori will:
Increase funding for Te Aka Whai Ora (Māori Health Authority).
25% of all Health funding to be transferred to and administer by the Te Aka Whai Ora.
- Free Primary Care for Whānau earning less than $60,000.
- Free Dental Care or Whānau earning less than $60,000.
- Free delivery of medication to houses for whānau earning less than $60,000.
Implement A Māori Health Card - Whānau in control of the health services they need.
Issued to all Māori linked to their NHI number and ensures that health funding follows the Māori patient and not a Hospital, a Primary Healthcare Organisation, or a General Practice. Health must be about the patient, and funding must follow that patient’s preferences. We can no longer have our money spent for us on a service that fails us.
- Invest $1 billion per annum in Health Workforce Development.
- Accelerate and Protect Mātauranga Māori Models of Health.
- Establish a comprehensive Kaupapa Māori Mental Health Service.
- Drop Māori Cancer Screening By 10 years.
- Increase funding for PHARMAC.
- Establish a Māori Accident Compensation Authority