Te Paati Māori - Our Kaupapa
We are a values based Party, and as such our kaupapa - which express the values handed down to us by our ancestors guide us in all that we do. They are:
- Manaakitanga - the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity and mutual respect
- Rangatiratanga - the expression of our rangatira - weaving people together with integrity, through leading by example, humility, generosity, altruism, and diplomacy
- Whanaungatanga - recognising the interconnectedness of all people and all things, affirming the value of the collective.
- Kotahitanga - having a unity of purpose, and unity of direction.
- Wairuatanga - recognition of the spiritual existance of all things, alongside the physical. The connection we have to our maunga, our wai, our atua are an essential part of the wellbeing of our people.
- Mana Whenua - recognising whānau, hapū and iwi ancestral rights and connection to land.
- Kaitiakitanga - recognises the responsibility of guardianship (spiritual, cultural and physical) over all things, including our taonga tuku iho and resources.
- Mana Tupuna/Whakapapa - defines who Māori are as people. It is the bridge that links us to our ancestors, that defines our heritage and gives us the stories which define our place in the world.
- Te Reo Rangatira - recognising that our Māori language is the cornerstone of all that is Māori. Ki te kore tātou e kōrero Māori, ka ngaro te reo, Ka ngaro te reo, ka ngaro ngā tikanga. Ka ngaro ngā tikanga, ka ngaro tātou ki te Ao. Ko te reo te kaipupuri i te Māoritanga.
Our Kaupapa are outlined in further detail in our Constitution.